Updated: List of top 200 Igbo Highlife Music 2023/2024
Igbo highlife music is a genre of music that originated in southeastern Nigeria in the early 20th century.
It is a fusion of traditional Igbo music with Western influences, such as jazz and blues. It is a genre of Special music mostly characterized by its catchy melodies, upbeat rhythms, and soulful vocals.
It also has some element of praise singing as you’d hear singers mention names of various prominent figures in the Igbo society while singing their songs.
List of Best 200 Igbo Highlife Music
Here is a list of the top 200 Igbo highlife Music:
- Osondi Owendi – Osita Osadebe
- Ekwe – Onyeka Onwenu
- Identity – Oliver De Coque
- Sunny Nneji – Tolo Tolo
- Obianuju – Duncan Mighty
- Ube Nwanne – Bright Chimezie
- Ome Ka Agu – Mike Ejeagha
- Uwa Ewe Mmeta – Oriental Brothers
- Uwa Chiga Chiga – Sir Warrior
- Awele – Osita Osadebe
- Onye Ma Echi – Joe Nez
- Walakolombo – Alex Zitto
- Ije Awele – Flavour ft Umu OBiligbo
- Odogwu Okija – Chijioke Mbanefo
- Ugbo Amala – Flavour
- Igba – Jaydee Bombshell
- Muna Onye g’agba Egwu – Theresa Onuorah
- Ikemba Nnewi – Oliver de Coque
- Ubanesse Special – Morocco Maduka
- Take am Jeje – Onowu Ugonabo
How to Enjoy Igbo Highlife Music
There are many ways to enjoy Igbo highlife music. Here are a few suggestions:
- Listen to it at home or in the car. Igbo highlife music is a great way to relax and unwind, or to get pumped up for a day out.
- Go to a live show. Igbo highlife music is best enjoyed live. There is nothing quite like the energy and excitement of a live highlife band.
- Dance to it. Igbo highlife music is perfect for dancing. The upbeat rhythms and catchy melodies will get you moving in no time.
- Sing along to it. Even if you don’t speak Igbo, you can still sing along to highlife music. The melodies are easy to learn, and the lyrics are often simple and repetitive.
- Share it with your friends and family. Igbo highlife music is a great way to connect with your Igbo heritage and culture. Share it with your loved ones and introduce them to this wonderful genre of music.
Igbo highlife music is a vibrant and exciting genre of music that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and cultures. If you are looking for something new to listen to, or if you are just looking for a good time, give Igbo highlife music a try. You won’t be disappointed.
As for best outings or gatherings where Igbo Highlife music is played, look out for birthday parties, Chieftaincy title, Coronation, Burial ceremonies and during festivities within the Igbo dominated cities of Nigeria, you’re certainly going to hear these songs publicly played for all to enjoy.
Social Media Icons